Monday, June 18, 2007

The Only Constant is Change

I'm thinking of moving over to a new job, one which will encompass what I do now, but will also force me to be a leader with a bit more responsibility.

It's a little scary.

But I know I can handle it. I keep thinking of this quote from David Lynch's version of Frank Herbert's Dune:

"I'll miss the sea... but a person needs new experiences... they jar something deep inside, allowing him to grow. Without change, something sleeps inside us... and seldom awakens... The sleeper must awaken."

I actually find those words to be quite profound. The sleeper is awakening...

mk

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for it!

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got a great support system in your #1 fan, Kim. Use her counsel to buttress your intuitive inclination. And, know that you have more fans than you may think.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter